Each fall, students are encouraged to produce a 30-second video that shows the perils of prescription drug abuse. The winners receive great prizes generously donated by NADDI and the Kentucky Pharmacists Association. Previous prizes have included an Apple iPad, iPod Touch, and gift cards.
2013 Contest Begins!
We are pleased to announce our 2013 Prescription Drug Abuse PSA Contest. All Kentucky middle and high school students are encouraged to participate. Here's how:
- Create a video warning about the dangers of prescription drug abuse or how prescription drug abuse is affecting Kentucky. The video should be no more than 30 seconds long. Be sure to mention the Attorney General's Prescription Drug Abuse page: ag.ky.gov/rxabuse. Be creative! Include a personal story, or use statistics you can find at odcp.ky.gov. Provide information you think would be useful to people affected by prescription drug abuse. Show Kentuckians why this is such an important issue in our Commonwealth!
- Upload the video to a free video sharing service such as YouTube or Vimeo. Be sure to use our #stoprxabuse hashtag in the title so we can find it easily.
- Email the video link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include: the names of everyone involved in the video, what school you go to, your home county, and contact information (email and/or phone number).
The deadline for submitting a video is Dec. 6, 2013. Winners will be announced on Dec. 13, 2013.
1st Place: http://youtu.be/QbZL75z3iOo
Haley Tye and her mother Terri, the actors in the video
Back row - Blake Cartwright, Matthew Omohundro, Nick Bailey, Wes Wattenburger
Front row - Kristen Stephenson (ASAP Program Assistant), Emily Houston, Allyson Ledford, Chelsea Scobee, Anna Omohundro, Ali Peterson, Chanda Scobee, Janna Smith (ASAP Coordinator)
Not pictured: Brooks Harrison, Jacob Omohundro, Abby Houston, Haley Tye
2nd Place: http://youtu.be/x0dWCeKiqBY
by Nick Croyle and Casey Nolan of St. Henry District High School in Erlanger, Ky
- http://youtu.be/z8YtA8FkiNY by Bailey Walker, Yvonne Johnson, Tifany Raque, Lydia Kesewetter, Hannay Held, Savannah Walker and Kaitlin Raque of South Oldham High School
- http://youtu.be/oxFKSAIwjIc by Gabye Arnett, Mayra Arellano and Halbeydi Oronia of Mayfield High School
Our 1st Place winner will receive an Apple iPad (or cash equivalent), courtesy of NADDI and our 2nd Place winner will receive a $100 Amazon gift card, courtesy of the Kentucky Pharmacists Association
Congratulations to our winners, and a heartfelt thank you to all who participated. We received a lot of great submissions this year and, as always, it was difficult to pick a winner.
Left to right: Micah Lineman, Jesse Mann, Jason Banta, Carlie Seligman, Joey Kenny, and Attorney General Conway.
1st Place: Joey Kenny, Jason Banta, Carlie Seligman, Jesse Mann and Micah Lineman, Henry County High School
2nd Place: Ryan Froehling, Villa Madonna Academy
We received a lot of great submissions this year. Congratulations to the winners and thank you to all the students who participated!
We encouraged high school and middle school students from all over the Commonwealth of Kentucky to participate in last year's PSA contest. Winners received prizes donated by the Kentucky Pharmacists Association, ConnectKentucky, and NADDI.
High School 1st Place winner John Andrew Stone
- Abby Willgruber, West Middle School, Shelby County
Congratulations to the winners and thank you to all the students who participated!