The nine-member Prosecutors Advisory Council is appointed by the Governor and includes the Attorney General (chairperson), three Commonwealth's Attorneys, three County Attorneys and two citizen members.
In association with the Office of the Attorney General, the PAC:
- co-sponsors the annual Kentucky Prosecutors Conference, attended by over 600 prosecutors and law enforcement officials;
- provides basic training courses for newly elected Commonwealth's and County Attorneys;
- sponsors the Kentucky Prosecutors Institute, a week-long trial skills course for new prosecutors;
- presides over the financial administration of the Unified Prosecutorial System, consisting of 177 Commonwealth's and County Attorneys and their employees; and
- oversees the preparation of the Child Sexual Abuse Prosecution Manual and the Data Collection Report.