How the Attorney General can help

If you are having problems with your home mortgage, credit card, landlord or another consumer-related matter, the Office of the Attorney General may be able to help you resolve the dispute. For more information or to file a complaint, you may contact the Attorney General as follows:

Office of Kentucky Attorney General
1024 Capital Center Drive
Frankfort, KY 40601

or call 502-696-5389 or 888-432-9257 and select option 3.

Servicemembers who believe that their rights under the SCRA may have been violated should contact a Judge Advocate or their unit's Legal Assistance Officer. Additional information or assistance about reemployment issues can be obtained by contacting the Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS) of the Department of Labor at (202) 219-9110 or online at the US Department of Labor website. VETS investigates complaints and attempts to resolve them. VETS may subpoena documents, interview witnesses in efforts to resolve complaints. If a complaint is not resolved by VETS, it may be submitted to the United States Attorney General who may file a court action on the complainant’s behalf. Individuals may also file a private court action if they prefer not to file a complaint with VETS or the United States Attorney General refuses to take action on their complaint. Servicemembers may also contact the Kentucky Attorney General at the numbers listed above.